City and County of San Francisco
Gavin Newsom, Mayor
Ramon Romero, President
Rick Swig, Vice President
Linda A. Cheu
Fred Blackwell, Executive Director
Gina E. Solis, Commission Secretary
CITY HALL, ROOM 416
1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102
LIVE BROADCAST KPOO 89.5 FM
REVISED SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 • 4:00 p.m.
ACCESSIBLE MEETING POLICY
1. The meeting/hearing will be held in City Hall, Room 416, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco. The room is wheelchair accessible and has accessible seating for persons with disabilities and those using wheelchairs.
2. The closest accessible BART station is Civic Center, three blocks from City Hall. Accessible MUNI lines serving this location are: #47 Van Ness, #49 Van Ness, #71 Haight/Noriega, #5 Fulton, #21 Hayes, # 6 Parnassus, #7 Haight, the F Line to Market and Van Ness and any line serving the Metro Stations at Van Ness and Market and at Civic Center. For more information about MUNI accessible services, call 415-673-6142.
3. There is accessible parking across from City Hall at the Civic Center Garage.
4. The following services are available by calling the Redevelopment Agency at (415) 749-2400 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting/hearing: American Sign Language interpreters, use of a reader during a meeting, or a sound enhancement system. Following a meeting minutes can be made available by audiocassette tape or alternative formats.
5. Requests for language interpreters at a meeting must be received at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting to help ensure availability. Please contact the Redevelopment Agency at (415) 749-2400.
6. In order to assist the Agency's efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the Agency to accommodate these individuals.
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
PLEASE NOTE:SHOULD YOU WISH TO ADDRESS THE COMMISSION, FILL OUT A "SPEAKERS CARD" PROVIDED BY THE AGENCY SECRETARY, AND SUBMIT THE COMPLETED CARD TO THE AGENCY SECRETARY. REMARKS ARE LIMITED TO THREE (3) MINUTES, UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED.
1. Recognition of a Quorum
2. Report on actions taken at previous Closed Session meeting, if any: No Reportable Action
3. Matters of Unfinished Business: None
4. Matters of New Business:
Agenda Items 4(a) and 4(b) will be discussed together, but acted on separately
a) Authorizing a First Amendment to the Amended and Restated Loan Agreement with Agonafer Shiferaw, a sole proprietor, doing business as Rasselas Jazz Club, to increase the Agency Tenant Improvement Loan by $251,000 to Reimburse the Owner for Incurred Tenant Improvement Cost, for a Total Aggregate Amount Not to Exceed $1,256,000 and to Defer the Loan Repayment for Two Years, All Related to the Costs Associated with Establishing a Jazz Club/Restaurant at 1534-40 Fillmore Street; Western Addition (Resolution No. 9-2009)
b) Authorizing a First Amendment to the Amended and Restated Tenant Improvement Loan Agreement with Sheba Lounge, LLC, a California limited liability company, to consolidate its tenant improvement, façade improvement, and business assistance loans into one combined loan in the amount of $295,000; to increase the consolidated loan amount by $90,000 for additional tenant improvements, for a total aggregate amount not to exceed $385,000; to defer the repayment of the consolidated loan for two years; to nullify the loan documents related to two of the three consolidated loans; and to forgive $95,000 of the consolidated loan upon fulfillment of certain terms and conditions; all associated with Sheba Lounge, a restaurant at 1419 Fillmore Street; Western Addition (Resolution No. 10-2009)
5. Matters not appearing on Agenda
6. Persons wishing to address the members on non-Agenda, but Agency related matters.
7. Report of the President
8. Report of the Executive Director
9. Commissioners' Questions and Matters
10. Closed Session: Closed Session: Closed Session: (a) Pursuant to Section 54957 (b) (1) of the Government Code regarding personnel matters: evaluation of performance of the Commission Secretary; (b) Pursuant to Section 54597 (b) (1) of the Government Code regarding personnel matters: evaluation of performance of the Executive Director.