City and County of San Francisco
Gavin Newsom, Mayor
Francee Covington, President
Linda A. Cheu
Ramon E. Romero
Fred Blackwell, Executive Director
Gina E. Solis, Commission Secretary
CITY HALL, ROOM 416
1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102
LIVE BROADCAST KPOO 89.5 FM
A G E N D A
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 • 4:00 p.m.
ACCESSIBLE MEETING POLICY
1. The meeting/hearing will be held in City Hall, Room 416, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco. The room is wheelchair accessible and has accessible seating for persons with disabilities and those using wheelchairs.
2. The closest accessible BART station is Civic Center, three blocks from City Hall. Accessible MUNI lines serving this location are: #47 Van Ness, #49 Van Ness, #71 Haight/Noriega, #5 Fulton, #21 Hayes, # 6 Parnassus, #7 Haight, the F Line to Market and Van Ness and any line serving the Metro Stations at Van Ness and Market and at Civic Center. For more information about MUNI accessible services, call 415-673-6142.
3. There is accessible parking across from City Hall at the Civic Center Garage.
4. The following services are available by calling the Redevelopment Agency at (415) 749-2400 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting/hearing: American Sign Language interpreters, use of a reader during a meeting, or a sound enhancement system. Following a meeting minutes can be made available by audiocassette tape or alternative formats.
5. Requests for language interpreters at a meeting must be received at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting to help ensure availability. Please contact the Redevelopment Agency at (415) 749-2400.
6. In order to assist the Agency's efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the Agency to accommodate these individuals.
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
PLEASE NOTE:SHOULD YOU WISH TO ADDRESS THE COMMISSION, FILL OUT A "SPEAKERS CARD" PROVIDED BY THE AGENCY SECRETARY, AND SUBMIT THE COMPLETED CARD TO THE AGENCY SECRETARY. REMARKS ARE LIMITED TO THREE (3) MINUTES, UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED.
1. Recognition of a Quorum
2. Report on actions taken at previous Closed Session meeting, if any. No Reportable Action
3. Matters of Unfinished Business: None
4. Matters of New Business:
a) Election of Officers
b) Presentation of Expiration and Transition of Bayview Hunters Point Project Area A and India Basin Industrial Park Project Area.
PUBLIC HEARING TO HEAR ALL
PERSONS INTERESTED IN THE
VISITACION VALLEY REDEVELOPMENT SURVEY AREA
Please note: All items related to Visitacion Valley will be opened for public comment but will not be considered for adoption until the February 3, 2009 Commission Meeting.
c) Adopting Environmental Findings and a Statement of Overriding Considerations pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act for the Visitation Valley Redevelopment Program; Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Survey Area. (Resolution No. 1-2009)
d) Approving the proposed Redevelopment Plan for the Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Project and making findings under the California Environmental Quality Act and pursuant to California Health and Safety Code Sections 33445 and 33679; recommending adoption of the proposed Redevelopment Plan by the Board of Supervisors; and submitting the Agency’s recommendation, including the proposed Redevelopment Plan, to the Board of Supervisors; Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Survey Area. (Resolution No. 2-2009)
e) Approving the Report on the Redevelopment Plan for the Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Project and authorizing transmittal of the Report on the Redevelopment Plan to the Board of Supervisors; Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Survey Area. (Resolution No. 3-2009)
f) Approving the Visitacion Valley / Schlage Lock Design for Development; Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Survey Area. (Resolution No. 4-2009)
g) Approving the Rules for Property Owner Participation, Relocation Plan, and the Business Occupant Re-Entry Policy for the Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Project; Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Survey Area. (Resolution No. 5-2009)
h) Authorizing the Executive Director to enter into a Cooperation and Delegation Agreement with the San Francisco Planning Department; Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Survey Area. (Resolution No. 6-2009)
i) Commending the Visitacion Valley Citizens Advisory Committee (“CAC”) and expressing the intention of the Agency to consult with the CAC on the Implementation of the Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Project; Visitacion Valley Redevelopment Survey Area. (Resolution No. 7-2009)
j) Authorizing a Personal Services Contract with Levy Design Partners, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $100,000 to provide architectural and engineering services for the repair of Building 101 on the Hunters Point Shipyard, for a one-year term, with one, one-year option to extend: Hunters Point Shipyard Redevelopment Project Area. (Resolution No. 8-2009)
5. Matters not appearing on Agenda
6. Persons wishing to address the members on non-Agenda, but Agency related matters.
7. Report of the President
8. Report of the Executive Director
9. Commissioners' Questions and Matters
10. Closed Session: None